Director, Human Resources
Perishable Shipping Solutions
As the Human Resources Director of Corporate Functions, you will oversee and direct all talent management, performance management, total rewards, recruiting, employee investigations, and day to day HR operations. Additionally, the HR Director will manage their own team of HR professionals and act as a consultant to their operational partners.
ROLE IS LOCATED IN CANADA
Responsibilities of the HR Director:
- Establish solid strategic business partner relationship directly with the leaders across the Corporate Functions to drive business performance from an HR perspective.
- Drive the talent management process with a focus on establishing and implementing a comprehensive strategy for coaching, talent development, succession, individual development plans, and talent reviews.
- Partner with executive, regional leaders, and the Talent HR Center of Excellence to ensure talent acquisition strategies are developed, implemented, and are effective at maintaining full staffing.
- Drive understanding of the company's compensation structure and philosophy so that field HR is an extension of the Total Rewards COE
- Oversee investigations in conjunction with legal when appropriate.
- Advise senior management in appropriate resolution of employee relations/discipline issues.
- Supervise and lead a team of HR professionals with a focus on continually elevating talent capabilities and teamwork.
- Focus on driving flawless execution of the basics related to HR as well as drive improvements and initiatives that move toward HR's vision.
- Develop and implement processes that comply with federal, state and local legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions.
- Review retention metrics to ensure there are not any problem areas throughout the corporate functions and drive engagement where necessary to ensure.
- Establish and drive implementation of processes that strengthen culture across the assigned region based on company values.
- Communicate and direct successful implementation of all corporate HR activities.
- Assist executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
- Partner on strategic initiative projects with leaders across corporate functions and participate as the HR functional leader to provide context across the organization.
- Develop and implement labor relations strategies and policies that align with the organization’s goals and legal requirements.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for union representatives, fostering positive and productive relationships.
- Address and resolve labor-related grievances, disputes, and conflicts in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Lead contact negotiation processes with labor unions, ensuring mutually beneficial agreements.
- Collaborate with legal counsel to ensure contract language is accurate, compliant, and protective of the organization’s interests.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of relevant labor laws and regulations that impact contract negotiations.
- Other duties as assigned by executive HR leadership.
Required Qualifications of the HR Director:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 8+ years of experience working as an HR personnel.
- 2+ years of experience in a multi-site HR management role
- Extensive HR Legal and Compliance knowledge, including EEO, ADA, FMLA, WC, FLSA, DOL
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret company policies, procedures and agreements.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one—on—one and small or large group situations to leaders, including executives, and employees of the organization.
Preferred Qualifications of the HR Director:
- Master's degree in Human Resources or other advanced degree in related field
- SPHR, GPHR or other advanced HR Certification
- Continuous Improvement Certification (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Labor Relations experience
- Experience with Ceridian payroll (Dayforce) and workday HRIS
- Fast paced office setting connected to a cold storage warehouse environment
- The warehouse itself is a cold storage environment
- Warehouse bays are kept at 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas)
- Noise level varies at times and it can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage Logistics offers comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and more.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days