Senior Account Manager
Perishable Shipping Solutions
Location: Any UK, not too remote (Home office with travel to sites and clients')
Having drastically increased our European footprint in a short period, we are looking to appoint a Senior Account Manager for the UK.
What you will be doing
As Senior Account Manager, you will play a critical role in the customer experience, working to expand and retain the company’s largest and most strategic business relationships and work across business lines within your assigned accounts and cross functionally within the company.
In this role, you will build relationships with our clients at senior and executive level, developing a global vision of partnership, including at European level.
- Develop Continuous Improvement Roadmaps (CIR) and Strategic Growth Plans for your assigned accounts in partnership with the Sales Managers
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities and products not under contract with your assigned accounts
- Increase customer retention and profitability by identifying opportunities to reduce waste, seamlessly on-board new business, manage compliance to Key Performance Indicators that allow the right to grow with your assigned accounts
- Follow the appropriate methodologies for selling and account management strategy
- Focus on customer retention and satisfaction across all facilities and lines of business
- Conduct regular business reviews with assigned accounts and provide volume forecasts to operations business partners
- Act as single point of contact for your assigned accounts at senior level, working together on global solutions, and resolve any issue escalated to you.
Who we’re looking for
To be successful in this position, you will need a high-level understanding of our industry, systems and procedures and be able to communicate these effectively at all levels through our client’s business.
Many of our clients have an international presence so it is essential to be able to interact with them at senior/executive level, demonstrating your ability to build strong ties and support their vision with our global solutions.
We need you to:
- Be a respected industry leader with strong market credibility gained through integrity when interacting with key stakeholders
- Have experience with a regimented Continuous Improvement Structure
- Demonstrate experience in contract negotiation, navigating complex organizations, and being successful in meeting sales or equivalent goals
- Be ready to travel up to 50%
You will also have:
- 5 years account management, business development, or sales-related field in Logistics/Supply chain
- A good level of computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
What's in it for you?
Aside from a competitive starting salary, you're set to gain so much from being part of high quality and collaborative team.
You will be part of a large multi country team with its supportive leader; and experienced colleagues to learn from – this is a great development opportunity to learn new skills. Our leadership culture focuses us on developing talent internally; this is a great opportunity to grow your career at a leading global company.
We are also expanding quickly across Europe, and you will feel the impact of your work, as the ‘tip of the spear’ playing a critical role in realising our purpose of transforming the supply-chain to eliminate waste and help feed the world
Posting End Date:
We are a global company with more than 22,000 employees spanning 20 countries and more than 400 locations across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and South America.
At Lineage Logistics, we have a shared purpose; we are transforming the food supply chain to eliminate waste and help feed the world. This means working at Lineage is not just a job – it’s an opportunity to innovate and put your mark on how food moves from the farm to dinner tables around the world. As a member of our team, you will be a critical link in the food supply chain.
Our shared purpose drives everything we do in all parts of our organisation, from the warehouse floor to the office. Our team members are passionate about the impact they make every single day.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from persons regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
As a Lineage team member, we aim to provide everything you and your family need to thrive. That’s why we offer competitive rates of pay, paid time off, skills training, and development opportunities to grow a long and fulfilling career with us – plus generous financial rewards when you successfully refer new employees. This is enhanced by recognition schemes (so that your hard work won’t go unnoticed), plus the chance to make your salary go even further with our cycle-to-work scheme and preferential rates for loans and savings courtesy of a leading credit union.
Your everyday wellbeing is also important to us, so we will provide you with all the protective equipment you need to be safe and comfortable at work, and you will have access to a free 24/7 employee assistance phone line, which offers confidential counselling and advice. With all of this offered against the backdrop of a fun and social environment in which you will be supported by a team who enjoy helping each other in achieving their goals, we are confident you will excel with us.