Manager, Rail Operations
Perishable Shipping Solutions
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, mentor, and supervise an operations team, fostering a culture of teamwork, positivity, accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Lead daily planning and staff meetings.
- Establish and practice a culture of safety.
- Continuously evaluate and improve processes and procedures to enhance operational efficiency, customer satisfaction, and overall business performance.
- Develop and manage a system of controls to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue, and profit parameters.
- Responsible for achieving prescribed company objectives regarding cost, productivity, customer service, profits, and team members.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and maintain partnerships with other departments such as Finance, HR, Sales, Continuous Improvement, and Leadership.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to address client concerns and issues.
- Provide oversight and compliance.
- Implement metrics to track operational success.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or a minimum of 5 years of applicable work experience
- Highly skilled at managing complexity and ambiguity
- Results-driven individual
- Passionate about team development
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401 retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.