Senior Manager, REIT Tax
Perishable Shipping Solutions
The role will have responsibility for managing external providers regarding REIT matters and tax compliance as well as provide guidance to tax leadership. This position will assist in directing and establishing global REIT tax policy and strategies and contribute as a key member of the finance team. Several specific responsibilities include managing the REIT tax function, tax planning, REIT compliance, tax compliance and audits, interaction with third-party service providers, transfer pricing, and tax related M&A issues.
The role will establish and/or maintain robust processes to support REIT compliance such as income and asset testing, distribution tests, annual E&P and return of capital calculations, acquisition REIT due diligence and integration, and compliance with Lineage’s Private Letter Ruling and assist with managing and minimizing risks inherent with being a REIT including prohibited transactions, excise taxes, impermissible tenant services, and related party rents.
- Tax experience focused on REIT and partnership taxation is required. (8 years)
- Experience in public accounting and/or detailed tax experience in a global corporation. (8 years)
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of US Tax laws specific to REIT compliance with extensive practical “hands-on” modeling experience for both income and asset testing components.
- Context of acquisition due diligence must possess a strong understanding of the practical aspects of separating REIT vs TRS business activities to ensure a “REIT ready” transaction closing.
- Strong understanding of transfer pricing “arms-length” principles and associated legal entity accounting and consolidation concepts.
- Proven ability to lead through influence and cultivate highly effective business partnerships throughout the company.
- Proven experience leading an international organization through highly complex tax regulatory landscapes.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of US tax reporting, financial reporting, and related regulations.
- Ability to work well within the tax function, cross functionally with corporate departments (e.g., accounting, finance, legal, IT, etc.) and with external legal and tax advisors.
- Strong executive presence and communication skills with the ability to succinctly describe complicated tax rules and structures in a way that makes sense to non-tax professionals.
- Domestic and international travel required up to 20%.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree accounting/finance
- Residence: Open
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Understanding of Green Energy incentives
- Advanced Degree –MBA Taxation
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401 retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.