IT Technical Project Manager
Perishable Shipping Solutions
At Lineage, the goal is to create a versatile, right-sized, highly-skilled team that contains the proper mix of talents, skills and experience, with the capacity for and interest in continuous learning to support technologies that can become key differentiators for the organization. We leverage cloud services, best-of-breed technologies and external resources to augment our internal capabilities to provide sufficient delivery capacity. This means that in addition to being a great project manager, an ideal candidate will need to be able to review and collaborate with internal and external resources to ensure that we are collectively able to deliver projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.
As a company, Lineage aims to develop state-of-the-art systems to make our employees productive, to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations, to assist in our growth and to create an operating platform that enables Lineage to achieve its vision of transforming the global food supply chain. This is one of the most critical roles in that journey and it will require someone who has a true passion for technology project management.
- Manage large Workday projects (i.e., up to 20+ resources) by establishing strong relationships with functional and technical teams and aligning requirement definitions, project plans and project resources to meet team and corporate objectives
- Oversee and manage the implementation, integration and ongoing maintenance of Workday Financials for the organization
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Workday Financials functionality and configuration to support the organization's financial management needs
- Lead the design and implementation of custom reports, dashboards and analytics within Workday Financials or Workday Prism to support data-driven decision making
- Provide subject matter expertise on Workday Financials best practices, regulatory requirements and industry trends to ensure compliance and optimize system performance
- Continuously evaluate the Workday platform and identify opportunities for process improvement, system enhancements and integrations with other business systems
- Assist in the development and maintenance of an Optimization Roadmap of enhancements to the Workday platform
- Collaborate with executive leadership to align Workday Financials initiatives with organizational goals and objectives
- Provide executive leadership with regular status updates highlighting the financial and operational health of projects
- Partner with project sponsors, project teams, other project managers and product managers to evaluate technical and business requirements and to identify, develop and implement approaches and solution alternatives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT, HR, Finance and third-party partners to develop and optimize Workday Financials processes and procedures
- Manage relationships with external Workday consultants, vendors and partners to ensure the timely execution of project activities and the effective resolution of issues and enhancement requests
- Manage project budgets, approve third-party invoices and escalate project cost risks
- Integrate inputs and schedules from multiple sources to create comprehensive project plans with an identifiable critical path, task dependencies and major milestones and manage the project plans and schedules ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time and quality parameters
- Adapt project plans, schedules and resource assignments as required throughout projects to respond to emerging requirements, changing project dynamics and project risks
- Effectively communicate overall project status including milestones, project deadlines and relevant risks to teams, stakeholders and company management
- Develop project charter, requirements and scope documents and manages projects throughout the full project life cycle through the creation, collection and maintenance of project documentation in accordance with standards established by the Program Management Office (PMO)
- Assist in the development of reusable project collateral that can be leveraged across projects and the broader organization
- Oversee all manner of project activities, including the testing of functional and technical components of the final project solution
- Mentor and help train team members on Workday Financials functionality and best practices to build internal expertise and support long-term success
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, information systems or a related field; a Master's degree or relevant advanced certifications are preferred
- Extensive experience with Workday Financials implementations, integrations and management, preferably in a senior or leadership role
- Expertise in Workday Financials configuration, customization and reporting capabilities
- Strong understanding of financial management principles, including financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver results on time and within budget
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to analyze complex financial data and derive meaningful insights
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and communicate complex concepts to non-experts.
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of finance and/or IT professionals
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with an ability to prioritize tasks and manage competing demands.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and remaining current with Workday Financials developments and industry trends and best practices
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- One or more Workday certifications is preferred; Workday Financials certification is highly desirable
- Ability to deliver on commitments while working on multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear performance expectations, resolve performance issues and keep project teams engaged, focused and on task
- Willingness to act decisively to improve project and organizational performance and address project issues
- Use leadership skills to align project and department goals with the organization's and sponsor's goals
- Lead a project team, create and maintain group cohesiveness, interact with internal and external customers and effectively manage partner relationships
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Possess a willingness and the flexibility to work non-standard hours to meet time-critical, global project deadlines
- Ability to properly set priority and order for work
- A team player that is willing to ask for help and provide it to others
- Ability and desire to learn and apply new technologies and business concepts
- Understand your skills and your talents and apply them appropriately
- Knowledge of Smartsheets is preferred
- Knowledge of JIRA is preferred
- Knowledge of Salesforce is preferred
- Knowledge of project management best practices and methodologies is preferred
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401 retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.