Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager
Perishable Shipping Solutions
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer, control and support Company Directed Safety Program to include organizing, leading, directing, guiding and conducting meeting
- Lead accident investigations and follow-up with all parties involved
- Prepare for Safety Inspection Systems (SIS) and other required customer and safety audits
- Prepare for all Food Safety Audits (SQF) and other required customer audits/requests
- Lead locally and actively participate with regional direction for all Regulatory Compliance requirements
- Work closely with site leadership to prevent and resolve compliance, safety and quality issues within the facility; may include working directly with customers
- Maintain and file paperwork including PSM documentation, safety logs, employee safety training, accident reports, temperature logs and other relevant documentation
- Serve as Food Safety Site Coordinator (SQF); may include working directly with customers
- May manage, train, provide performance feedback and assign duties of direct reports to ensure productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage postings (required/regulatory/internal) and other safety-related materials when available/required and provide guidance on the material
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- 2 years safety experience working in a logistics, industrial, or related environment with general knowledge of food safety/quality
- General working knowledge of food safety requirements/regulations
- Proficient computer skill, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers
- Ability to work in temperatures as low as -20 Fahrenheit/-25 Celsius in cold storage sites while wearing company provided personal protective equipment and freezer gear
- Must be comfortable with various noise levels, at times, can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401 retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.