Senior Internal Auditor
Perishable Shipping Solutions
This role requires a high degree of problem solving, a willingness to develop a deep understanding of the business, and the ability to communicate results succinctly and convincingly. You will help execute the department’s risk-based audit plan that will focus on operations, key financial controls in support of the Sarbanes Oxley assessment, as well as provide input to management on various risk and internal control topics. You will prepare internal audit reports summarizing key findings as well as recommendations to remediate identified gaps. The role requires strong documentation skills to support the work performed and the conclusions reached. You will partner with leadership to reduce risk and strengthen controls. The right person must be detail oriented, possess strong project management skills and skilled at building relationships across the organization.
- Support the annual risk assessment process working with operations to develop a risk-based audit plan focusing on significant risks to the Company’s objectives and identifying where an Internal audit assessment can add value.
- Perform independent testing to assess the design and operating effectiveness of financial, operational and compliance key controls.
- Draft reports of findings and provide practical recommendations to remediate identified gaps
- Develop and maintain internal audit procedures / practices.
- Be a business consultant providing analysis on new policies and processes to ensure that control considerations are evaluated.
- Draft audit reports summarizing key audit findings as well as recommendations for addressing any issues identified.
Minimum requirements (knowledge, skills, abilities)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in audit and/or finance areas.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Strong analytical skills to identify issues, potential risks and root causes in order to suggest effective improvements.
- Project management and leadership skills to execute projects to a successful conclusion.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and strong documentation skills.
- Excellent listening, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Public accounting audit experience an asset.
- CPA, CIA, CISA and CFE designations an asset.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401 retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.