Automation Sustainment Engineer
Perishable Shipping Solutions
Lineage’s Automation Systems teams are responsible for the successful delivery of the automation system in greenfield, expansion and retrofit automated projects across the global Lineage business. That includes through all stages of the project from feasibility, concept, engineering, procurement, delivery, launch and operations. The Automation Systems teams work very closely with our Data Science team, our software development teams, our Network Optimizations and PMO teams to deliver projects ranging from a value of $10mm to $200mm.
The Automation Sustainment Engineer’s role is to advise and support teams as it relates to safety, compliance, quality, maintenance, operation, training and enhancements of and to the automation system and facilitate the sustainment of these objectives post go live or already in operation.
This will be accomplished through cooperation with local site teams and through audits of Maintenance and Operational procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure that the automation solutions support world class Safety and Food Safety standards & meet all regulatory standards and the company's expectations for employee health and welfare to mitigate risk.
• Maintain KPI’s for each system’s uptime and productivity
• Hold regular meetings with local site teams to review system issues and opportunities for improvement or corrective maintenance
• Maintain, update, and develop as needed work instructions for maintenance and repairs of the automated systems
• Conduct periodic audits and assessments of the automated sites to ensure compliance with targets and standards relating to operation, maintenance, spare parts, availability of the system, IT infrastructure, system/database maintenance as well as operational skills and ongoing training of staff
• Follow audit process to evaluate the maintenance program to ensure the equipment is being properly serviced with the appropriate preventative/predictive maintenance cycles and parts inventory is effectively managed
• Assist in development of audit procedure, suggest improvements to the Automation Sustainment Manager
• Advise and provide solutions to improve safety and quality standards for the design, implementation, and life cycle of the automation systems.
• Review, assess and enhance operational automated systems with a priority for safety, quality, efficacy, and commercial viability
• Support local site teams with troubleshooting electromechanical issues and escalating to vendor hotlines as needed
• Support the Automation Systems delivery and implementation team to ensure successful preparation and training of the operational staff operating the automation system
• Ensure Managers and maintenance teams continue to be well trained and extremely effective to ensure the operational optimization of the automation solution
• Responsibility for ensuring effective and efficient support of Regional and site level operations management for sustainability of the automation solution
• Support the local leadership teams with superior internal customer service by driving automation objectives including safety in operating the system, high quality standards, on-budget operation, and effective performance and system availability
• On site intervention as needed to assist site with corrective or preventive maintenance
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent in education and/or work experience
• 3+ years leading maintenance of automated systems or similar electromechanical systems
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to deliver on commitments (high quality, on time, with commercial viability) while working on multiple projects concurrently
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interface with and understand technical experts in the fields of safety and compliance, quality, logistical operations, automation systems and related software applications and processes.
• Acts decisively for improvement in both projects and in the organization, addresses urgent, time sensitive or crisis issues
• Experience with working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Experience maintaining and troubleshooting automation systems
• Knowledge of systems: WMS, WCS, and PLC controls associated with automation solution integration and management
• Proficient computer skills including, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to effectively manage accountability of self and others
• Must be willing to work non-standard hours to support delivery of time-critical project deadlines
• Ability to travel 50% of time, or as business needed
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401 retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.