Global Privacy Manager
Perishable Shipping Solutions
Lineage is one of the world’s leading temperature-controlled industrial REITs and integrated solutions providers with an unrivaled global network of over 400 strategically located facilities, totaling nearly 2 billion cubic feet of capacity across countries in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Coupling industry-leading expertise in end-to-end logistical solutions and innovative technology, Lineage partners with the world’s largest food and beverage companies to increase distribution efficiency, advance sustainability, minimize supply chain waste, and, most importantly, help feed the world. In recognition of the company’s leading innovations and sustainability initiatives, Lineage has been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Company for three consecutive years, twice named a US Best Managed Company, named the No. 1 Data Science company, and 23rd overall on Fast Company’s list of The World’s Most Innovative Companies.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Stay up-to-date with global privacy laws and regulations.
- Assess the organization’s data processing activities for compliance with applicable privacy laws.
- Develop and implement privacy policies and procedures.
Data Protection Impact Assessments:
- Conduct DPIAs for new projects and initiatives involving the processing of personal data.
- Collaborate with project teams to mitigate privacy risks and ensure compliance.
Training and Awareness:
- Provide privacy training to employees and raise awareness of privacy best practices.
- Work closely with HR to integrate privacy training into onboarding processes.
- Develop and maintain an incident response plan for privacy incidents.
- Lead investigations into privacy breaches and coordinate appropriate responses.
Privacy by Design:
- Collaborate with product and technology teams to implement privacy by design principles.
- Ensure that privacy considerations are integrated into the development lifecycle.
- Assess and manage privacy risks associated with third-party vendors.
- Review and negotiate privacy terms in contracts with vendors.
Documentation and Record-Keeping:
- Maintain records of data processing activities and privacy compliance efforts.
- Prepare and maintain documentation required for regulatory audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, Finance, or a related field. Advanced degree or professional certification in privacy a plus.
- CIPP certification through the IAPP.
- 5+ years of proven experience.
- Strong knowledge of GDPR, CCPA, and other global privacy laws.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and drive privacy initiatives.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401k retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.