Perishable Shipping Solutions
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Shift: Monday to Friday 6:00am- 2:30pm
Reports To: Supervisor, Operations support
Office/Facility: Ville Saint Laurent, Chemin Saint-Francois Facility
The OS plays a lead role in the shipping/receiving office at the facility, greeting customers (drivers) upon their arrival, reviewing and verifying paperwork pertaining to inbound and outbound shipments, and liaising with operations to ensure effective communication and exceptional service. This individual also liaises with the regional customer service team on the scheduling of driver/carrier appointments.
- Participates actively in promoting a culture where Health & Safety is the #1 priority.
- Greets customers (drivers) upon arrival at the facility, working closely with them to ensure they receive an exceptional customer service experience at the facility. This includes signing in/out, collecting and reviewing paperwork for completion and accuracy, checking temperature requirements, collecting/preparing regulatory documentation and confirming ETAs for late appointments.
- Works with Warehousing Solutions team to meet customer requirements in a timely manner. Prepares appropriate paperwork, communicates temperature requirements, updates in software system (TMW) regarding the arrival of drivers and verifies for accuracy, creates labels, and verifies and checks all paperwork to ensure accuracy and completion.
- Coordinates the assignment of customers to the appropriate loading bay to create efficiency for the warehouse team to prevent outbound/inbound delays.
- Liaises with Customer Service Representative regarding customer requests or inquiries (i.e. shipment delays, same day shipments). Co-ordinates special, same-day shipping requests.
- Audit bills for accuracy
- Provides support/assistance during regulatory inspections. Coordinates with CFIA inspector as required.
- Works with Inventory Control to coordinate customer recall activities and other customer requests.
- May be involved in the setup of items in system under the direction of the supervisor or manager. Validates automatic charges in system.
- Operates within the Code of Business Conduct, company policies and procedures, and all statutes and legislation governing the workplace.
- 0-2+ years of experience in a customer service role in logistics, transportation or warehouse environment.
- University degree, College diploma, training or post-secondary courses in Customer Service an asset.
- Bilingualism mandatory (English/French)
- Post-secondary education in Business, Warehousing Transportation, Operations Management, or related field an asset
- Personally demonstrates that external and internal customers are a high priority.
- Skilled at providing exceptional service over the phone and email.
- Identifies customer needs and expectations, and responds to them in a timely and effective manner.
- Anticipates and prevents delays or other challenges that can adversely affect the customer. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and inquiries about customer satisfaction with products or services.
- Prioritizes work flow to ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment. Adapts to shifting priorities.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Works effectively as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Word, Excel and Outlook.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, RRSP matching and paid time off.