Perishable Shipping Solutions
Employment Type: Permanent
Shift: Evening: 1:30pm- 10pm
Reports to: Manager, Warehousing Solutions
Office/Facility: Saint-François – Montreal, QC
The Supervisor, Warehousing Solutions leads and promotes a safety culture, an engaged workforce and exceptional service at the facility. The majority of the Supervisor’s time is spent out on the floor providing direction to the warehouse team and coaching employees on safety, service and productivity. They supervise and lead the warehouse team by monitoring, measuring, coaching and developing individual and team performance. They monitor daily metrics and implement improvements to operations in pursuit of operational excellence, a safe workplace, and an exceptional customer experience.
Safety & Compliance
- Leads and promotes a culture where Health & Safety is the #1 priority. Provides leadership and support for Health & Safety initiatives at the facility.
- Works with warehouse team to ensure compliance with the company’s health and safety policies, and related legislation.
- Operates within and ensures full compliance with the Code of Business Conduct, company policies and procedures, and all statutes and legislation governing the workplace.
- Reports engineering/maintenance issues to Chief Engineer for resolution, and follows up as needed to ensure they are addressed in a timely manner to reduce the impact on operations.
- Evaluates safety, security and housekeeping levels on a daily basis by reviewing warehouse operations to ensure warehouse is clean, secure and well organized, and that damage to product, equipment and facility is prevented.
- Works with regional Health & Safety leads to implement health & safety incident prevention programs.
- Works with Food Safety lead to implement and maintain Cold Chain Assurance programs such as HACCP, including program development, ensuring compliance, employee training and compliance reporting.
- Leads daily warehouse operations by prioritizing activities, and providing leadership, coaching and direction to the warehouse team. Aligns department and individual efforts to the vision, mission, strategy and culture.
- Assists the Manager, Warehousing Solutions in developing and leading regular site communication sessions to review safety initiatives, site performance and other local initiatives.
- Monitors, measures, coaches and develops performance of direct reports, ensures adherence to policies and procedures, provides recognition, evaluates and provides feedback on performance, addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Participates in the hiring, training and development of staff.
- Leads or participates in establishing work schedules and ensures that they are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned and completed effectively. Tracks daily attendance of warehouse employees, including sick days, vacation and floater days. Monitors attendance and addresses attendance management issues.
- Spends 80-90% of their day on the floor monitoring, directing and coaching employee performance on Safety, Service and Productivity.
- Leads their team in providing the highest levels of service to all customers with whom they interact, whether internal or external, with the goal of continuously improving the customer experience.
- Measures and reports on customer experience standards and metrics for all accounts and works with facility team to meet/exceed these standards.
- Implements improved operational processes that enhance capabilities to meet/exceed service standards.
- Ensures organizational adherence and accountability to standard operating procedures.
- Ensures that customer orders are picked & shipped in a timely fashion within prescribed cost levels.
- Establishes operational goals and priorities in partnership with the Manager, Warehousing Solutions.
- Tracks Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) by shift to monitor performance. Works with the Manager, Warehousing Solutions to review KPIs regularly and make adjustments and improvements according to results.
- Manages inventory, including ensuring proper stock rotation, assisting in physical inventory counts as required, conducting reconciliations, ensuring that customer orders are picked and shipped in a timely fashion within prescribed cost levels and supervising the checking of incoming and outgoing freight for proper counts and codes.
- Supports and assists the Manager, Warehousing Solutions in all cost control measures, which include overtime management, expense control and productivity.
- Supervises the checking of incoming & outgoing freight for proper counts, damage & codes. Processes returns. Leads the investigation of any overages/shortages and reports back to Manager, Warehousing Solutions.
- Prepare employee schedules to ensure the workflow meets or exceeds Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensures the efficient & safe operation of all material handling equipment.
- Provides proactive, on-the-floor supervision of warehouse staff.
- Completes all necessary records & reports in a timely & accurate fashion. Makes recommendations to the management team to improve operations.
- Provides ongoing training, direction and coaching to warehouse staff to ensure all accessorial activities are logged and captured for the purposes of operational visibility and accurate customer billing.
- Continuously grows and develops operational knowledge and leadership capabilities by participating in professional development opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with the company vision, mission, strategy and culture.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a frontline supervisory role in a warehouse/logistics environment.
- Fluency in English and French is required (written and spoken)
- University or college education; a focus in Operations, Logistics or related field.
- First Aid certification is an asset.
- Excellent people leadership abilities and a dedication to continuous improvement.
- Approachable, positive demeanor with a hands-on and team-oriented work style.
- Experience working in an environment with pick and ship processes as well as high volume computer generated inventory control (barcoding, RF).
- Knowledge of HACCP.
- Commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
- Proven ability to supervise a team working in a fast-paced warehouse environment to ensure accuracy, compliance and a team culture of excellence.
- Driven to provide exceptional customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills including leadership, conflict resolution and team building abilities.
- Dedicated to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to quickly understand and identify issues and propose solutions.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize work flow to ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment. Able to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Takes initiative, is proactive in their work, and results-oriented.
- Ability to manage and adapt to change.
- Experience with warehousing software applications
- Microsoft Office skills with an emphasis on Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience working effectively in a unionized environment governed by collective agreements an asset.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, RRSP matching and paid time off.