Corporate Controller (Hybrid)
Join the Solar For All Revolution!
At PosiGen, we are passionate about providing money saving solar and energy efficiency solutions for people of all income levels. We are seeking an equally passionate Corporate Controller who will help lead the Accounting function, with responsibilities that include financial reporting, payroll accounting, and internal control activities. In addition to ensuring AR, AP, Inventory and General Accounting transactions are recorded accurately and timely, the Controller must have a strong aptitude for technical accounting manners, including the documentation of accounting positions on complex transactions. This role requires the ability to drive continuous cost improvements across all aspects of the business by developing an in-depth understanding of the solar industry and tax equity partnership arrangements. This position must have a commitment to safety, quality, profitability (including analysis), and continuous improvement while maintaining a customer service mindset toward our employees, vendors, and customers.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee monthly accounting close and drive process improvement in this area.
- Establish and maintain strong internal control systems to safeguard the company’s assets, ensure compliance with financial regulations, and prevent fraud, with an emphasis on processes and controls around intercompany transactions, accounts payable and credit card processing.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and key income statement accounts in the general ledger accounts.
- Lead external audit process to ensure compliance in all areas and timely completion of audits for various entities.
- Manage processes for taxes, including property and sales and use taxes in various jurisdictions.
- Produce various financial reporting requirements for investors and banks as needed.
- Manage accounting department of 6-8 employees.
- Direct involvement in fixed asset management system implementation and reconciliation of fixed asset detail.
- Assist FP&A team with quarterly forecast update process as required.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain on inventory counts and cycle count reconciliation to general ledger.
- Conduct technical accounting research on complex accounting transactions.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and corporate credit card accounts.
- Collaborate with tax service provider on tax compliance matters and tax provision computations.
- Assists with M&A and Debt Financing activity for Accounting as they arise.
- Partner with Tax, Legal and Treasury personnel as needed to execute capitalizations, loans, cash settlements and other tax equity partner funding operations.
- Ensure compliance with bank and tax equity partner agreements, to include regular collateral reporting when required.
- Implement continuous improvement throughout the accounting/finance department through system and process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting discipline with CPA certification required.
- 15+ years of proven accounting experience.
- Experience working in Big 4+ accounting firms preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and show evidence of creative thinking as well as the ability to handle complex problems in a timely manner.
- Proficient in financial reporting, analysis and ERP systems.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, standards and regulations, including GAAP.
- Previous supervision or management experience.
PosiGen is a people-centric, rapidly growing residential solar company committed to making Solar For ALL a reality. We aim to simplify solar, improve home efficiency, and generate opportunities for the underserved through our first of its kind, no credit check, guaranteed savings solar leasing program.
As employees at PosiGen, we are passionate about furthering our mission of Solar For ALL. At PosiGen, we celebrate the individual and foster an environment where employees can be their true self. We strive to live every day by our values:
- Act with Integrity
- Be Humble, Be Kind
- Collaborate and Seek to Understand
- Deliver on our Promises
- Engage Passionately
PosiGen is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Individuals who require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act in order to participate in the search process should notify the Office of Human Resources.