Director of Compliance (Hybrid/Remote)
Join the Solar For All Revolution!
PosiGen is committed to delivering the promise of “Solar for All.” As part of that effort, PosiGen’s Compliance Team is growing! We are a small team, focused on promoting ethical behavior that drives our promise, but also on detecting and responding to behaviors that are inconsistent with or violate our high standards. We believe that support and a sense of belonging in a team are crucial elements of a team’s success, empowering each member to voice their individual, diverse perspectives to improve performance.
The Director of Compliance (“Director-Compliance”) will be responsible for assisting in managing the Company’s policies and procedures and for identifying compliance risks and in implementing plans to monitor and address them. The Director-Compliance will initially focus on and assist the VP of Compliance with oversight, management, and administration of the development, implementation, and daily operational tasks for maintaining an effective Third-Party Risk Management (TPRM) program.
This position is remote with some travel required to our offices, which are currently in LA, NJ, CT, MA, RI and Philadelphia, PA.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead related compliance-owned aspects of Third-Party Risk Management (TPRM), including portions of onboarding, educating, monitoring, and remediation actions.
- Understand how to effectively project manage highly-visible projects relating to Third-Party compliance, specifically pertaining to the due diligence process.
- Assist with the monitoring of compliance with policy/process with the objective of detecting and preventing misconduct and mitigating risks.
- Assist in creating and refining PosiGen’s written policies and procedures and developing training.
- Assist in formulating compliance goals before refining into attainable objectives that PosiGen is confident it can implement and benefit from.
- Support efforts to develop and ensure implementation of appropriate and consistent corrective action measures for Third-Party compliance issues when audits, investigations or other factors indicate gaps in processes.
- Partner with business and sales operations teams that support management of Third-Parties to understand third party strategy and ensure compliance risks are considered and mitigated.
- Experience with evaluating legal and compliance risk, especially related to Third-Party business partners.
- Process oriented; familiarity with six sigma and lean enterprise philosophies.
- Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to transform qualitative information into quantitative data.
- Familiarity with, and willingness to travel as necessary, in PosiGen markets preferred (Connecticut, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Rhode Island).
- Sense of curiosity; loves to turn over stones.
- Involvement in the residential solar industry preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills for various internal and external constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability and focus to develop, communicate, motivate and manage toward a strategic vision.
- Highly developed analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Highly ethical with unquestioned integrity and high personal standards of behavior.
- Team player who is pragmatic and proactive, business-minded and solution-oriented, who inspires confidence and trust.
- Sound business judgment with the ability to simplify complex issues and find practical solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, collegial and respectful manner with all levels within the organization, from senior management to operating personnel.
- Ability to navigate through a fast-paced, dynamic environment while juggling priorities and deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency with Google Workspace products and services.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude and good work ethic.
- Advanced degree preferred, minimum bachelor degree.
- Relevant certification or ability and willingness to obtain a relevant certification within the first year. Examples of relevant certification - CCEP, CFE, CECP, etc.
- At least four (4) years of experience in compliance management.
- Knowledge of DOJ and other governmental guidelines and standards for corporate compliance programs.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and legislation, especially related to residential solar.
- Risk management and audit experience preferred.
PosiGen is a people-centric, rapidly growing residential solar company committed to making Solar For ALL a reality. We aim to simplify solar, improve home efficiency, and generate opportunities for the underserved through our first of its kind, no credit check, guaranteed savings solar leasing program.
As employees at PosiGen, we are passionate about furthering our mission of Solar For ALL. At PosiGen, we celebrate the individual and foster an environment where employees can be their true self. We strive to live every day by our values:
- Act with Integrity
- Be Humble, Be Kind
- Collaborate and Seek to Understand
- Deliver on our Promises
- Engage Passionately
PosiGen is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Individuals who require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act in order to participate in the search process should notify the Office of Human Resources.