Posted on Monday, September 4, 2023
AboutRevalue exists to deliver a fundamental step-change in integrity at scale. We are rethinking carbon projects from the ground up. We believe this fundamental step-change in the quality of carbon projects is required to build confidence in the market. 'Slightly better' is not good enough. Confidence is required for the carbon market to go from a pond to an ocean. An ocean of demand is required for impact at a planetary scale. Our world cannot afford anything less than impact on the planetary scale. This drives us every day.Revalue Nature has raised $10 million in Series A funding to rethink carbon project development from the ground up! This new investment was co-led by Ecosystem Integrity Fund (EIF) and SJF Ventures, two leading venture firms focused on climate and impact. Join us on our journey to supercharge the world's leading nature-based developers, reset the bar for quality in the carbon market, and protect and regenerate nature at a scale that makes our eyes water. What We DoRevalue supercharges the world's leading nature-based developers. We enable them to go from the initial rapid assessment to first credit issuance, and beyond. All are supported by our climate tech, which creates a step-change in accuracy, speed, automation, and level of insights during the project assessment and development process. Our teamOur team has an exceptional track record of designing and delivering high-impact carbon projects. We have built long-term partnerships and are working in iconic landscapes with leading players in the nature conservation and restoration space.We offer great opportunities for our talent and we want this to be a place that allows you to do the best work of your life, while also focusing on balance outside of work.This is a fully remote role and is strongly preferred to be based in Europe or the Americas, but other locations can also be considered. TasksRevalue’s Technical Design Team is responsible for designing nature-based conservation or restoration interventions (with long-term ecosystem health in mind), defining the monitoring, reporting and verification methods for our portfolio of projects, and building the GHG models for carbon emissions and sequestration; among others.We are looking for a Carbon Associate who is passionate about using data to drive decisions, traveling to the field for hands-on experience, and helping to deliver complex scientific concepts to a broad audience. The candidate should have stellar writing and communication skills, as well as experience in data management and analysis. They must also be adept at translating complex scientific concepts to a broader audience.The work environment is collaborative and dynamic, providing growth opportunities in science, the carbon market and international experience.This role is primarily responsible for carrying out technical analysis and assisting in carbon project design and monitoring. There will be relatively frequent international travel (estimated 15-25% of the year) to project sites to lead consultations with partners and key stakeholders from government, civil society and the private sector, to conduct field work and technical training, and to deliver presentations on scientific topics to technical and non-technical audiences. Project Design and Monitoring
- Support technical analyses focused on ecosystem evaluation, including carbon.
- Work both independently and in teams; seeking guidance and advice as needed.
- Assist in the writing and development of reports.
- Travel internationally. This may include field work
- Conduct presentations and trainings to a variety of stakeholders.
- Maintain positive relationships with clients and development partners through proactive and professional communication.
- Support design of biodiversity and social components of PDD development
- Lead technical components of feasibility studies and PDDs
- Conduct data analysis using software such as Excel, GIS software and R.
- Maintain a high level of scientific rigor in technical analyses, including close adherence to the latest best practices and recommendations from the scientific community.
- Track new tools and methodologies focused on ecosystem valuation through participation in professional networks, attendance of industry events, and personal skills development.
- Serve as an ambassador for Revalue to global private and government audiences, emphasizing our unique technical capabilities in addressing interlinked social and environmental issues.
- Train staff on techniques to ensure skillsets are sustained within Revalue
- Supervise staff at the analyst level
- Liaise with regional teams and the Data Intelligence team across time zones to ensure
- Graduate level degree in environmental science, forestry, ecology, environmental studies, geography, or a related discipline and/or 4 years work experience in a related field.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally up to 15%-25% of year
- Demonstrated advanced aptitude in Excel and/or other data management software and report writing.
- Demonstrated ability to present in front of an audience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate scientific concepts to a broader audience
- Excellent oral and written communication in English.
- Experience with staff supervision
- Experience with the carbon market and existing carbon methodologies (e.g. VERRA)
- Knowledge of UNFCCC frameworks and climate change policy
- Knowledge of statistical techniques in a natural resource management context.
- Experience working or living in developing countries.
- Fluency in a second language (particularly Spanish, French, Bahasa or Portuguese).
- Shared purpose, culture, and values
- Unbeatable work flexibility and balance
- Potential on-the-ground work in the most iconic natural landscapes of our planet
- A truly diverse team of colleagues, partners, and clients
- An agile team with unrivaled experience and track-record
- How would you describe your strength(s) and areas of expertise? (1-2 paragraphs)
- Why are you interested in Revalue Nature? (1-2 paragraphs)
- Current country/region of residence