Data Engineer (remote, based in Indonesia)
Posted on Monday, September 4, 2023
AboutRevalue exists to deliver a fundamental step-change in integrity at scale. We are rethinking carbon projects from the ground up. We believe this fundamental step-change in the quality of carbon projects is required to build confidence in the market. 'Slightly better' is not good enough. Confidence is required for the carbon market to go from a pond to an ocean. An ocean of demand is required for impact at a planetary scale. Our world cannot afford anything less than impact on the planetary scale. This drives us every day.Revalue Nature has raised $10 million in Series A funding to rethink carbon project development from the ground up! This new investment was co-led by Ecosystem Integrity Fund (EIF) and SJF Ventures, two leading venture firms focused on climate and impact. Join us on our journey to supercharge the world's leading nature-based developers, reset the bar for quality in the carbon market, and protect and regenerate nature at a scale that makes our eyes water. What We DoRevalue supercharges the world's leading nature-based developers. We enable them to go from the initial rapid assessment to first credit issuance, and beyond. All are supported by our climate tech, which creates a step-change in accuracy, speed, automation, and level of insights during the project assessment and development process. Our teamOur team has an exceptional track record of designing and delivering high-impact carbon projects. We have built long-term partnerships and are working in iconic landscapes with leading players in the nature conservation and restoration space.We offer great opportunities for our talent and we want this to be a place that allows you to do the best work of your life, while also focusing on balance outside of work.The ideal candidate will have expertise in data management, database architectures and workflow management platforms. As a Data Engineer, you will play a crucial role in designing and implementing data pipeline architecture, automating data extraction and transformation processes, and ensuring efficient data delivery. Your expertise in cloud storage, workflow management platforms, and coding practices will contribute to the success of our data-driven initiatives.This position will be remote and requires excellent communication skills, technical knowledge, and a passion for the environment. Tasks What are the main responsibilities of the role?
- Create and maintain data pipeline architecture to support efficient data processing and analysis.
- Design and implement automatic data extraction and transformation from various public data portals.
- Develop and optimize algorithms for data retrieval, summarization, and analysis to meet performance requirements.
- Design and implement data storing architecture to support optimal data delivery.
- Design and implement fast and efficient algorithms on data retrieval and summarization.
- Design and implement queuing systems based on available resources to manage and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Develop and maintain documentation of code, methods, and results for transparency and reproducibility.
- Monitor and troubleshoot data pipeline issues and implement necessary optimizations and enhancements.
- Collaborate with data scientists, analysts, engineers, and other stakeholders to understand data needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- Participate in project planning, execution, and reporting, including the preparation of technical reports, and presentations.
- Ensure the scalability, reliability, and security of data infrastructure and processes.
- Provide training and support to other team members on data management best practices and stay up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies in data engineering to continuously improve our data infrastructure and processes.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Storage systems such as Amazon S3 or Google Cloud Storage.
- Experience on building cron pipelines or using workflow management platforms such as Apache Airflow.
- Proficiency in utilizing Git for version control and collaborative development.
- Ability to write clean, easily maintained, and efficient code.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and working in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of containerization technologies like Docker or Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of writing unit tests is a plus.
- Experience on utilizing queue managers such as Apache Kafka or RabbitMQ is a plus.
- Experience on spatial data transformation is a plus.
- Knowledge of GIS software such as ArcGIS, QGIS, or Google Earth Engine.
- Familiarity with land cover change challenges and environmental issues.
- Experience working with multi-temporal remote sensing data.
- Experience in working with large datasets and distributed computing.
- Familiarity with remote sensing data products and archives.
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts and algorithms.
- Understanding of data visualization tools and techniques for effective data presentation.
- Shared purpose, culture, and values
- Unbeatable work flexibility and balance (global team, remote working)
- A truly diverse team of colleagues, partners, and clients
- An agile team, with unrivalled experience and track-record