Strategic Account Manager
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
ShipMonk is the world's largest 3PL for high-growth e-commerce and DTC brands. Since our inception in 2014, we've operated with a singular guiding principle: to help small and medium-sized e-commerce businesses scale by offering technology-driven fulfillment solutions that enable business founders to devote more time to the things that matter most in their businesses. Put simply, ShipMonk helps e-commerce companies stress less and grow more. Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL, ShipMonk has more than 2,500 employees across facilities in Fort Lauderdale, FL, Pittston, PA, Los Angeles, CA, Bay Shore, NY, Las Vegas, NV, Dayton, NJ, Louisville, KY, Fort Worth, TX, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, Tecate, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and Prague, Czech Republic.
The Strategic Account Manager will be responsible for the retention, growth and satisfaction of $10mm+ accounts. Their main objective is to engage with clients at an executive level, maintaining the relationship and strategic growth planning, including expansion geographically and introduction of new ShipMonk products. They must champion a collaborative culture with different work groups and departments, to improve performance and enhance client satisfaction. This is a key role at ShipMonk, responsible for client growth and retention.
What you'll do:
- Deep dive into each top tier account they are assigned to, understanding business goals, planning and needs of each client
- Speak our client’s language
- Align ShipMonk offerings with the client’s goals to better guide and service them
- Encourage revenue growth by inspiring clients to utilize additional ShipMonk products and services
- Establish long standing, trusted relationships with clients, and develop open and effective channels of communication
- Become the reliable point of contact for client executive teams
- Engage cross-functionally internally with product and operations to fully understand how ShipMonk is servicing our clients
- Present business health and opportunity to internal executive team on a quarterly basis
- Become the internal go-to for questions regarding top tier clients
- Contract renewal negotiations
What you'll need:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in ecommerce and/or supply chain
- Minimum 5 years of experience engaging with and presenting to C-level executives
- Contract negotiation skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills required (verbal and written)
- Must be willing to travel to different facility and client locations
- Upbeat and enthusiastic personality, with a go-getter attitude
- Must be a problem solver with forward-thinking
- Experience with Salesforce
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Warehouse Management System is a plus
We are exceptionally proud of our dedicated, brilliant ShipMonkers -- the employees who collaborate to provide first-class service, solve problems, and collaborate to get the job done. We work hard and have fun at work while prioritizing growth, innovation, and diversity as key values. When we add new positions at ShipMonk, we define the role 80% and look for talented individuals who can join the team, run fast, and co-create the other 20% of their job. We need our team to get engaged from Day 1 to do the work and define the work that will make us successful in the near and long term.
Perks Of Being a ShipMonker
• Full health benefits coverage (medical, dental, vision)
• Unlimited Paid Vacation Time
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Referral Bonus Program ShipMonk is an equal opportunity employer.
We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
See more open positions at ShipMonk
Something looks off?