People & HR, Operations
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
ShipMonk is the world's largest 3PL for high-growth e-commerce and DTC brands. Since our inception in 2014, we've operated with a singular guiding principle: to help small and medium-sized e-commerce businesses scale by offering technology-driven fulfillment solutions that enable business founders to devote more time to the things that matter most in their businesses. Put simply, ShipMonk helps e-commerce companies stress less and grow more. Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL, ShipMonk has more than 2,500 employees across facilities in Fort Lauderdale, FL, Pittston, PA, Los Angeles, CA, Bay Shore, NY, Las Vegas, NV, Dayton, NJ, Louisville, KY, Fort Worth, TX, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, Tecate, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and Prague, Czech Republic.
Our Operations Supervisors are responsible for crews of 15-20 people and ensure tasks are being done in a timely manner. You will work closely with the Customer Service Department to ensure special project requests are done on time and in a professional fashion.
What you'll do:
- The Operations Supervisor will lead, manage and develop a team of 15 to 20 ShipMonk Associates
- Communicate policies to Associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintain compliance, consistency, and taking corrective action when needed
- Use software to keep records, edit, and manage the inventory flow
- The Operations Supervisor will focus on the productivity, process, and quality of warehouse operations through warehouse KPIs
- Report to upper management on stock levels, issues, employee performance, etc.
- Constantly work to improve processes
- Optimize employee workflow (e.g. submit requests for the appropriate supplies) in order to maximize productivity
- The Operations Supervisor will ensure that facility equipment is properly maintained and safe
- Communicate with the warehouse manager to make critical decisions
- Train new warehouse associates
What you'll need:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Operations, Supply Chain, Management, Engineering or related field and/or Honorable Discharge from The United States Military as an NCO or higher rank preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Working knowledge of inventory management software
- Excellent organization, planning skills, and strong attention to detail
- The Operations Supervisor will have outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Proven track record of taking ownership, driving results, and managing change
- Ability to dive deep into data and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions
- Available to work on weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to stand for most of the day
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
We are exceptionally proud of our dedicated, brilliant ShipMonkers -- the employees who collaborate to provide first-class service, solve problems, and collaborate to get the job done. We work hard and have fun at work while prioritizing growth, innovation, and diversity as key values. When we add new positions at ShipMonk, we define the role 80% and look for talented individuals who can join the team, run fast, and co-create the other 20% of their job. We need our team to get engaged from Day 1 to do the work and define the work that will make us successful in the near and long term.
Perks Of Being a ShipMonker
• Full health benefits coverage (medical, dental, vision)
• Unlimited Paid Vacation Time
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Dog-friendly workplace
• Fun work environment
• Referral Bonus Program ShipMonk is an equal opportunity employer.
We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
See more open positions at ShipMonk
Something looks off?