Regional Director of Customer Service
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
Posted on Monday, May 22, 2023
ShipMonk is the world's largest 3PL for high-growth e-commerce and DTC brands. Since our inception in 2014, we've operated with a singular guiding principle: to help small and medium-sized e-commerce businesses scale by offering technology-driven fulfillment solutions that enable business founders to devote more time to the things that matter most in their businesses. Put simply, ShipMonk helps e-commerce companies stress less and grow more. Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL, ShipMonk has more than 2,500 employees across facilities in Fort Lauderdale, FL, Pittston, PA, Los Angeles, CA, Bay Shore, NY, Las Vegas, NV, Dayton, NJ, Louisville, KY, Fort Worth, TX, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, Tecate, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and Prague, Czech Republic.
As a Regional Director of Customer Service you serve as a leader in the Merchant Experience organization, responsible for leading a team of customer service representatives. You are responsible for their growth and development, for delivering best-in-class service to merchants, and for resolving escalated merchant issues. The Regional Director of Customer Service will lead but also collaborate with other departments to ensure everyone is on the same page and chasing the same goal of merchant satisfaction.
What you'll do:
- The Regional Director of Customer Service will lead and manage a team of 15-20 Customer Service Reps
- Recruit, train, mentor, and scale the team
- Drive positive Merchant Success outcomes
- The Regional Director of Customer Service will develop frameworks for the team to leverage in Merchant engagements
- Develop standardized playbooks for interventions and escalations
- Define, measure, and improve on the effectiveness of Merchant Success
- Build and maintain strong relationships with merchants
- Establish, track, analyze, and communicate key quantitative metrics and business trends internally and for distribution to merchants
- The Regional Director of Customer Success will gain a deep understanding of our merchants’ business goals
- Collaborate with warehouse GMs and Operations leaders to resolve escalated issues and drive ongoing improvements
- Manage the processing of fulfillment and shipping claims
What you'll need:
- Experience building and leading a Customer Service team, ideally in 3-PL or a B2B environment
- Experience scaling a successful team during a hyper-growth phase
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building
- Strong empathy for Merchants AND passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Proven ability to motivate and focus teams, as well as being a friendly empathetic leader
- Ability to create a meaningful cadence of QBRs with standardized KPIs and metrics
- Bachelor Degree strongly preferred
- 6+ years of experience in B2B customer service and/or merchant services
- 5+ years of team leadership experience
- 5+ years of 3PL experience
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud a plus
We are exceptionally proud of our dedicated, brilliant ShipMonkers -- the employees who collaborate to provide first-class service, solve problems, and collaborate to get the job done. We work hard and have fun at work while prioritizing growth, innovation, and diversity as key values. When we add new positions at ShipMonk, we define the role 80% and look for talented individuals who can join the team, run fast, and co-create the other 20% of their job. We need our team to get engaged from Day 1 to do the work and define the work that will make us successful in the near and long term.
Perks Of Being a ShipMonker
• Full health benefits coverage (medical, dental, vision)
• Unlimited Paid Vacation Time
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Referral Bonus Program ShipMonk is an equal opportunity employer.
We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
See more open positions at ShipMonk
Something looks off?