Senior Revenue Accounting Manager
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Please note: Springboard is only able to consider candidates located in the following US states: Arizona, California, Florida, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, or Texas.
At Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap, offering transformative online education in data science, UI/UX design, machine learning, and coding. Our courses may be tech-enabled, but we're ultimately human-centric: each student taps into a vast community throughout their time with us, engaging with fellow students, industry-expert mentors, student advisors, and career coaches, the goal of which is to successfully transition students into their dream job. Through this approach, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives, with hundreds of top-notch job offers received every year.
$116,000 - $155,000 USD per year
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related reasons.
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day order to revenue process, including contract review, billing, collections, cash applications and revenue recognition
- Automate the flow and processes around order to revenue
- Lead the month-end revenue close including preparing account reconciliations, journal entries, and conducting fluctuation analyses
- Analyze datasets to determine trends on refund rates and default rates as input to our revenue recognition model
- Research and publish accounting policies and memos to document accounting positions to ensure GAAP compliance, specifically ASC 606 and ASC 842
- Liaise with various business partners including Sales Operations and FP&A to provide guidance on deal structure during contract negotiations
- Develop and enforce company policies and regulations on revenue cycle
- Assist in revenue budget preparation and forecast
- 8+ years of experience; CPA accredited
- Experience with high-growth VC-backed companies a plus
- NetSuite and billing software experience highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced Excel skills, fluency with large data sets
- Experience writing / reviewing technical accounting memos
- Understanding of SaaS / Subscription revenue recognition
- Proficiency in U.S. GAAP, solid understanding of ASC 606
- Ability to communicate with non-technical accounting-focused individuals on the nuances of revenue recognition, ranging from sales personnel, other finance-based individuals, and executive-level individuals.
The Springboard team of 220 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Springboard
Something looks off?