Chief Technology Officer
Software Engineering, IT
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 9, 2023
At Tive we imagine a world fully transparent, where everything and everyone is connected. We want to pioneer beyond what the world thought possible so what others hold near and dear arrives on time and in full.
We believe and live four core company values:
1. Create transparency first, everything else second: We believe the strongest trust belongs to those who are transparent, open and deliver on their word.
2. Make it simple: We expect to do the work and deliver technical solutions to complex problems, simply.
3. At Tive, we’ve got your back: We hold fierce loyalty to our people.
4. Relentless iteration to find a better way: Our energy to learn new things and create solutions every day is unmatched anywhere in the world.
Tive exists to solve the real time visibility challenges related to one of the world’s largest and most complex networks: global logistics and supply chain. Our team is focused on giving our customers the most access to accurate, live, and meaningful information about their shipments. Whether by road or rail, ocean or air, Tive is the most innovative and accurate way for companies to track their cargo.
As the CTO at Tive, you will pave the way for significant product innovation as Tive continues its mission to pioneer beyond what we thought possible so what others hold near and dear arrives on time and in full. We have all of the pieces necessary for you to be successful: a truly special founder & CEO, a differentiated product offering, a very active and rapidly expanding total addressable market, and a team committed to winning the #1 slot in our space. You get the best of both worlds: a well-funded start-up with a product that has tremendous demand and the chance to influence the future of Tive in a meaningful way.
Tive is actively hiring a CTO. As the leader of the Technology Teams, you will be responsible for mission critical strategy with regard to our software, hardware, and digital operations. You will foster innovation, transparency, and accountability throughout the tech organization. You will guide our strategic direction and the architectural design and development of our systems, products, and features across all functions, ensuring the highest possible technical quality of our products and services.
What do the key responsibilities of the role look like?
- Fostering innovation, transparency, and accountability throughout the Technology Organization.
- Defining a scalable organizational structure and hiring strategy to support the ever-evolving needs of Tive.
- Partnering closely with internal and external partners to ensure the highest possible technical quality of products and services.
- Working closely with Hardware, Software, and Digital teams to direct and guide design and architecture of our systems and products.
- Creating and managing a solid, scalable IP Strategy.
What skills and qualifications do we want in this role?
- A proven track record of managing and scaling software and hardware development and data science at multiple companies.
- A proven track record of building and scaling highly motivated and productive global teams.
- Scale mindset from early stage to enterprise along with experience in process improvement that will foster efficiency.
- Strong technical communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze and resolve complex technical issues.
- Familiarity with compliance and security processes: SOC-2 Type 2, GDPR, and ISO standards.
- Experience in delivering large-volume hardware products (preferably in IoT) to the market.
- Experience in scaling cloud-based products through Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, and other cloud services.
- Bachelor's or Masters's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
What does Tive offer?
• A chance to join what may very well turn out to be the most important company in your career.
• The autonomy and resources to build what you know how to build.
• Work with a committed global team that has each other's back.
• Office-based or hybrid options. Your choice.
• Competitive equity to ensure all of our employees have a sense of ownership in the long-term success of Tive’s growth.
We celebrate diversity and consider it key to our success as a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.
See more open positions at Tive
Something looks off?