Technical Product Manager
Solera is changing lives by guiding people to better health solutions that work. Solera’s value-based technology platform enables successful interventions that address the most prevalent and costly chronic conditions. Solera matches consumers to their best-fit solution within carefully curated networks of digital and community-based point solutions and drives superior engagement and outcomes by managing performance. Solera’s technology platform serves payers and employers by streamlining, integrating, and creating accountability in the point solution ecosystem.
About The Role
The Technical Product Manager is a pivotal role on the Product Management team. This position will play a critical role in ensuring that Solera Health's products meet the highest standards of quality, performance, and user satisfaction. This role will involve directly collaborating with business stakeholders, managing production incidents, and overseeing business intelligence requests. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Product Management, this position will work across the organization to be the interface between the technology organization and business teams. The role will have a business analyst as a direct report.
What You’ll Do
Production Incident Management
- Assign severity levels to production incidents to prioritize response and remediation efforts.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand, triage, and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Provide timely communication to stakeholders regarding the status and resolution of incidents.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to mitigate data issues and user frictions.
Business Intelligence Requests Management
- Evaluate, categorize, and prioritize incoming business intelligence requests based on impact and urgency.
- Work closely with the data team to ensure that the business intelligence requests are accurately implemented and delivered on time.
- Provide feedback and updates to stakeholders on the progress of their requests.
- Engage regularly with business stakeholders to ensure incident management processes are creating enough transparency into the workflow.
- Define, document, and communicate acceptance criteria that resolve production incidents and data needs.
- Support ad-hoc production workstreams, such as distributing user satisfaction surveys and application investigations.
- This role will have one direct report.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a business analyst or product management role.
- Demonstrated strength in requirements gathering experience for data oriented platform products in the healthcare field.
- Strong aptitude in identifying how to generate missing details for production incidents or other business requests to be translated for development.
- Knowledge and comfort of product management prioritization methodologies like RICE.
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product.
- SQL knowledge and application logging search experience a plus.
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools and methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated experience in managing production incidents and prioritizing tasks.
- Competitive Salary
- Remote first culture
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid pregnancy and parental leave
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Company paid Life, Long Term Disability and Short-Term Disability
- 13 Company Holidays
- 401k + company match!
- Free Headspace and SworkIt account
- Free Fitbit
- Casual and fun atmosphere
- ...and more!
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Solera Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Solera Health complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.