Senior Director of Data Engineering
Solera Health is committed to changing lives by guiding people seamlessly to better health solutions, while providing payers and employers the tools to manage providers and outcomes across conditions. Solera's platform provides a marketplace of curated networks of digital and community point solutions focused on intensive, evidence-based lifestyle, behavioral, and social interventions to impact the most prevalent and costly chronic conditions. Solera strategically matches consumers to their best-fit solution and helps keep them engaged for successful health outcomes.
The Senior Director of Data Engineering is a critical function within Solera to optimize our existing data functions while positioning the company for differentiation in the market. The senior leader will manage engineers and data processors to ensure the smooth operation of data ingestion, translation, warehousing, analysis, and reporting. This role is critical in ensuring best practices are applied to Solera’s data platform to power advanced clinical targeting and other data science use cases.
Who you are
You’ve developed a hybrid set of experiences that allow you to communicate equally well with technical and business stakeholders. The challenges of advanced data models and big data infrastructure excite you. You believe the future to solving healthcare problems is through unique combinations of data that allow you to deliver personal interventions for the individual, not the condition.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of high performing data engineers and analysts.
- Optimize the data platform to power Solera’s future clinical use cases.
- Build and manage Solera's data infrastructure (data lake, data marts, and data warehouse), and data movement (ETL/ELT) utilizing best in class tools and technologies for ensuring data quality, integrity, and availability.
- Build and manage Solera's data governance and data quality programs.
- Ensure flawless end-to-end execution of our data ingestion protocols and processes while introducing system monitoring dashboards to provide visibility and alerting to potential problems.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to define and execute the data strategy for the organization.
- Partner with product, client, sales, and network teams to identify opportunities that deliver outsized customer impact and create new revenue streams.
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years progressive experience in data-oriented technology and product roles within the healthcare industry.
- 5+ years experience managing data teams.
- Solid understanding of healthcare data - EDI, HL7, FHIR, CSV healthcare formats in relation to Eligibility, Claims, Patients, Observations, etc.
- Experience with data modeling, ETL processes, and data warehouse architecture.
- Strong comfort with big data tools and warehouses such as BigQuery, Snowflake and others.
- Experience working with and developing reporting suites in Tableau, Power BI, or other tools.
- Working knowledge of data engineering languages such as Python, R, and other statistical languages.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, quantitatively oriented with a strong attention to detail, and a get stuff done attitude.
- Experience working in a start up a plus.
- Remote first culture
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid pregnancy and parental leave
- Adoption assistance program
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 13 company holidays
- 401k + company match
- Free FitBit, Sworkit and Headspace (meditation & mindfulness app) account
- Casual and fun atmosphere
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Solera Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Solera Health complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.